It is almost here, that time of year when kids pile into the back of the car to go to the pool and parents spend countless hours researching and packing for the yearly vacation. That’s right, we’re talking about summer!
For many people, summer is the best time of the entire year. From the warm weather to the yearly road trip, what’s not to love? Unfortunately for your car’s tires, summer can be quite a pain.
Image the hot, humid air combined with countless hours on the sizzling road. Doesn’t sound too fun, does it? In addition, summer road trips mean that your tires have to haul heavy cargo for long periods of time, at high speeds.
So before you embark on your yearly summer vacation, be sure to check our tires. Here are some things to look for:
- Just take a look at them! Do you notice any visible damages?
- How is the tread? If you notice that it is low or even worse bald, it’s time to buy some new ones
- Are they inflated properly? Take a look at the owner’s manual to make sure they are at the correct levels
- Is your car too full? Double check that the cargo is not excessively weighing down on the tires
- And last but not least, be sure to follow the speed limit. The combination of hot temperatures and very fast speeds could damage your tires.
It’s as simple as that! Follow these simple tips and it could be the difference between a flawless trip and a flat tire in the middle of an unfamiliar highway.